Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Xbox One Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!

+9
ChaosTeaCup
killerjosh32
HeadBuster82
LeGnDsNeVaDiE
inVinCiibLe x
Navarres
framedking
redbox
Rhys
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!  - Page 2 Empty Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!

Post by Rhys Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am

First topic message reminder :

The very first post - just wanted to welcome you all to the new forum.  Very Happy

Why don't you all take this opportunity to introduce yourself to the community! I'm Rhys, an xbox gamer from Cheltenham, UK.

Last edited by Rhys on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Gamer Points : 201

https://xboxoneforums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:11 am

We know how you feel CTC...but come November,they'll be eating their hearts out when we play X1 and start doing Let's Play vids on Youtube Very Happy
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82
XB Regular: Lv 2

Gamertag : HeadBuster82
Gamer Points : 173

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the new Xbox One Fan forum!

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am

Windows phone is awesome piece of tech....welcome Very Happy
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by NDC uno Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am

Sorry got cut off. Digital library totally erased. But i wouldn't change back from my windows phone for anything. What i would like to know are what you guys think will be the best benefits on xb1 to see if they align with my own. Thanks

NDC uno
Newcomer

Gamer Points : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:15 am

ctc,we aren't so much in tune with the future as we are living in the real world...I called it on used games when 360 came out.....it had to happen otherwise devs would starting going under like flies......as for internet connectivity req and Kinetic...who the hell complains about that...its not the freaking 90s when good connection was like a white elephant,talked about but never seen lol they hate cause they wanna hate...no other reason
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 am

Larry,Phil and several others have said 50 times by now...your game library will never get erased...even if the worst happens i.e that you lose connection for a month,due to storm or something else....you'll regain the ability to play games again the moment X1 performs a successful check
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 am

And if you buy a X1 and then switch to Sony and never update the X1,you can't play Xbox games....obviously lol but the benefit with X1 is that you can share,lend online or sell them if you don't want them...you can only sell it to one person at the time...and then can play it for X ammount of time before being asked to buy it or return it to the original console...so,no more lending a game and keeping it for 20 years...I approve...I lent my copy of BF3 to a friend and haven't gotten it back yet
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 am

Sorry meant,borrow it to one person at the time lol
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 am

Welcome NDC! Enjoy your stay with us!
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Gamertag : killerjosh32
Gamer Points : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by NDC uno Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks killerjosh32

NDC uno
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:39 am

hi NDC Smile
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by NDC uno Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 am

Hi headbuster82, thanks 4 the welcome.I am a newb 2 forums but i was wondering if all of us who are looking forward to the xb1 release pool the positive info together and can explain in simple terms the trade of to drm over physical discs wouldn't it be great if we could start a pr campaign of our own to give Microsoft back a bit of its street cred. I am not anti Sony and i will have a ps4 sitting beside my xb1 along with my 360 and ps3 but i definitely think Microsoft have a lot more innovations while ps4 is just upgraded grphics and a copy of what ms did last gen. An innovation which is really interesting as major nelson said the 360 and windows 8 can be patched in through the hdmi in, with the pc architecture being so similar (and i am just speculating here) could that mean a ps4 or future apple or steam console could also be linked through gaining an increased digital library of multiple content from various providers. (i hope that made sense) xb1 future proof.

NDC uno
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:15 am

There is a steam console WELL supposedly a steam console coming out. Steam denies having anything to do with it but the other company says different. It would be good to start a PR campaign however we would just get accused of being paid by microsoft.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 am

Why aren't Steam and OnLive defending MS? MS is doing exactly what they are doing....
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 am

They aren't going to defend a company that they are competing against.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by NDC uno Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am

Because Microsoft will probably emulate steam further down its lifecycle. I think they wanted to maximise sales of consoles and games with new gen buzz and then work in weekend offers like steam further down the line. If they cut there prices down to quickly they lose out on possible revenue. It is a great business model and will eventually benefit xb1 users down the line if this was there goal because initial profits could be sunk back in to new ips generated from Microsoft meaning the company make more money because they have to share less with third party developers.

NDC uno
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:47 am

NDC uno wrote:Because Microsoft will probably emulate steam further down its lifecycle. I think they wanted to maximise sales of consoles and games with new gen buzz and then work in weekend offers like steam further down the line. If they cut there prices down to quickly they lose out on possible revenue. It is a great business model and will eventually benefit xb1 users down the line if this was there goal because initial profits could be sunk back in to new ips generated from Microsoft meaning the company make more money because they have to share less with third party developers.

Agreed - welcome to the forum by the way!
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NDC uno Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks Ryhs, it's nice to feel like i am actually talking with informed gamers on this site and i appreciate the welcome from everybody.

NDC uno
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Navarres Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:34 pm

ChaosTeaCup wrote:Hi, I'm CTC - long time gamer and 360 fan who has just pre-ordered the 'one' and would like to be in a forum where I'm not getting slated by the SDF.

Welcome.

Yes we definitely know how you feel
A whole lot of stupid out there.
Navarres
Navarres
XB Regular: Lv 1

Gamertag : Navarres
Gamer Points : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTeaCup Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

HeadBuster82 wrote:Why aren't Steam and OnLive defending MS? MS is doing exactly what they are doing.... 

That'll be why they aren't defending them. Same reason Gabe Newell bitched about Windows 8 - the digital game store is a threat to them - though I don't believe we'll ever see the same level of pricing on the XBone, my hope is that it will be similarly competetive, especially with older titles. This is where Microsoft's long game can compete with Sony's current safe-guarding of the status-quo.
ChaosTeaCup
ChaosTeaCup

Gamertag : ChaosTeaCup
Gamer Points : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lispin Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 pm

'Sup guys. Tea Cup (see up) Told us to join so here I am Smile 

I, like him, am into gaming in a big way and I am tired of being trolled by people who don't even research what they are shouting about.
Lispin
Lispin

Gamertag : Lispin
Gamer Points : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey lispin - welcome to the forum Smile

I think most people on here feel the same way tbh. Still early days for the forum ( about a week old properly) and so we should see more and more people join over the coming months...
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NDC uno Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey lispin welcome to the forum, i am new here as well. so far have seen only passionate gamers who are interested in the next gen without trying to stir up trouble or troll. This truly is a safe haven for xb1 fans.

NDC uno
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lispin Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Cheers guys, I am so looking forward to the xb1, the games I am most looking forward to are Halo, Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Crew and The Witcher 3. I spent most of my childhood on the Halo games so really excited for Destiny.
Lispin
Lispin

Gamertag : Lispin
Gamer Points : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTeaCup Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Easy Lispin - Very Happy
ChaosTeaCup
ChaosTeaCup

Gamertag : ChaosTeaCup
Gamer Points : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Awesome new avatar teacup
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next