Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Xbox One Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XB1 games to be cheaper?

+7
BATMANMaster
Nano
Fatchance
HeadBuster82
killerjosh32
redbox
Rhys
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

XB1 games to be cheaper? - Page 2 Empty XB1 games to be cheaper?

Post by Rhys Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

That'd according to an unnamed Xbox engineer. If they can coy stream and get DRM under control, it could lead to much cheaper games. 

Happy days - you don't hear the ps4 mob talk about this too much!
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Gamer Points : 201

https://xboxoneforums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

XB1 games to be cheaper? - Page 2 Empty Re: XB1 games to be cheaper?

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:58 am

Rhys wrote:Yes - perhaps you are right James. I was kinda hoping for cheaper games to be fair.

Me too,Rhys...but considering games cost more to develop now...maybe we are lucky they aren't more exspensive....remember,its not just development and making CDs that costs money....how many million goes into marketing,commercials and such. As for companies making record earnings....thats the publishers....they make money either way,its the developers DRM is meant to protect..if I develop a game and you sell it to Nano and he sells it to Nav and Nav sells it to Josh...how much does the person who invented the game get....60 bucks on 5 sales...its IP...Intellectual Property...meaning someone thought of it,invested money into it and produced it...and unless you invested in it,you have no right to share in earnings from someone else's work,BATMAN...its simple as that for me...used games are scratched messes most of the time anyways
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82
XB Regular: Lv 2

Gamertag : HeadBuster82
Gamer Points : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am

BATMANMaster wrote:Yes I think everyone wants cheaper games, but explain to me why this kind of physical format on this console. This console should have only the digital market since it has mandatory internet? Does not make any sense this physical format with this restrictions.

For me the best would be a digital market (for all games) and traditional physical format (without the bullshit restrictions) and no mandatory internet, so it would make sense...

But what scares me is closing the servers, NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE THE SERVERS THAT NEVER CLOSED, and if you  shut servers you stay without console and no games...

To be 100% honest with you. I don't think you even care why they are doing this.
I honestly think you are just trying to cause a big drama on here so you can "be entertained" for several hours.
If you do care about this perhaps you should look at some of the articles that have been posted around these forums and you will learn many things. One example is major nelson's reddit interview.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Gamertag : killerjosh32
Gamer Points : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 am

killerjosh32 believed I'm trying to understand is these measures of MS.

HeadBuster82 yes I know how much it costs to make a game, you have quality games that cost less than $30 million and others $100milhões and only a few reach the production of the GTA IV ... and these values will differ in the next generation, as the current generation, ALL DEPENDS ON HOW THE GAME PUBLISHER WANT TO INVEST IN, IS BULLSHIT SAY THAT GAMES THE NEW GENERATION WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE IN PRODUCTION... 

And I will not continue this forum because I am not to put up with kids like you, who insult people just because they have a different opinion well founded, you are poorly educated and arrogant... grow up HeadBuster82

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Gamer Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 am

James,come back when PS prices its games
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 am

BATMAN,I don't find X1 sucks because its greedy a good reason to hate anything..and nobody wants you here anyways...
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:15 pm

I don't have an issue with him personally. I just don't understand why someone who hasn't researched much on xbox one would tell us "we should open our eyes" and not buy xbox one. How do we know he's not paid by sony? roflmao.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Good point,Josh...besides...I've read everything I could find on both X1 and PS4 and X1 just seems better then PS4...some people are offended by that
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTeaCup Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:26 pm

BATMANMaster wrote:
killerjosh32 wrote:Batman just read this please. http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

yes i read but I still to be hampered without an open market where I can sell, trade and borrow games freely without restrictions.

The fiscal years these companies have had abysmal profits (if they have one year of prejudice is because they are invest in production and in the following year have much profit)...

COD BO2 - sold more than 20 million
Halo4 - more than 8 million
Bioshock infinity - more than 3 (or 4) million
ASSASSIN CREED 3 - more than 12 million

The Wii console has sold 100 million consoles

If any company is getting into financial trouble is because they had bad investments in any industry there are companies that disappear and others that are born, not because there is a free market of second-hand games that the industry will disappear, there is a market for second hand books , cars, movies, TV ...

If MS will not receive money on used games, why this policy of used games?? To screw the consumer and give more money to EA's best friends!!

You eat what these guys say and do not think ...

And what look happened to THQ, one of the few publishers to risk new IPs? Well done for picking the biggest publishers and the biggest franchises to prove that the industry is in rude health. Also, as I understand you can trade your games in, so what's the problem? If you think that the trade-in market does not cannibalize sales, then you are wrong - it's just some publishers are big enough to absorb those losses, or lucky enough to have a franchise that is day one purchase material. I see the appeal of having a PS4, but I don't see the appeal of GAME offering me £4 for a 2 month old game, then selling it 'pre-owned' for £20. But by the sounds of it I can still go that route if I so wish, though I'm guessing each license will have a fixed value, so perhaps in some cases GAME can stitch me, and in other more desirable IPs, they can't?

The other thing that I'm curious about is that in the UK presumably GAME and Blockbuster and the largest retailer of Traded in games? So if Trade-ins are so important, how come both of these companies ARE ON THEIR KNEES? This is all mountains out of molehills. Ebay is ok, but there are no real checks in place to make sure you're not buying damaged discs, and most people can't be bothered to trade that route, so what if GAME goes completely under (I hope not!!)? The second-hand argument/assplosion will look pretty silly, especially if Sony don't implement a system of trading/sharing digital content like the X1 will. 
ChaosTeaCup
ChaosTeaCup
XB Regular: Lv 1

Gamertag : ChaosTeaCup
Gamer Points : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Chaos,considering they can't even pull of a single update without some consoles getting bricked,think its safe to assume they don't wanna embarsse themself with attempting something as complicated as online trading/sales system....I do understand why someone wants a PS4 and thats their choice to make....but I want a X1 cause I feel despite drawbacks it has far far more potential then the PS4
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

Hello I just came back to say I was right, and almost all of you were wrong! And now your XBOXONE will not be what you defending? The video game industry will disappear because it will continue the traditional market of second-hand games? Simply ridiculous what you were defending! And now you will still buy XBOXONE, because it dont has the bullshit that you guys were defending?

Now XBOXONE is spectacular as the most consumers want, and I will certainly buy one ...

read:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

I'M RIGHT ...

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by LeGnDsNeVaDiE Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Noone here was wrong. We just supported the vision of Xbox One. Many people stated that some of the policies were less than popular, but they were not bad enough to warrant not buying the Xbox One. The policies have now changed and the One remains the superior console. Why would we not buy it?

But hey, nice to see you back. Glad you're getting the Xbox One now.

LeGnDsNeVaDiE

Gamer Points : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:09 pm

BATMANMaster wrote:Hello I just came back to say I was right, and almost all of you were wrong! And now your XBOXONE will not be what you defending? The video game industry will disappear because it will continue the traditional market of second-hand games? Simply ridiculous what you were defending! And now you will still buy XBOXONE, because it dont has the bullshit that you guys were defending?

Now XBOXONE is spectacular as the most consumers want, and I will certainly buy one ...

read:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

I'M RIGHT ...

Yes you're right! Here's a medal. *passes medal* Now go celebrate by advertising the forums and the no drm policy.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Kangaroo Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 pm

batmanmaster is all over gamespot giving XB1 and microsoft a bashing like nobodys business, so i would not be too concerned about the rubbish he spouts, check out thecomments in the news threads about DRM on there and you'll see. I think he must be about twelve, and very much a playstation fan.

Captain Kangaroo

Gamer Points : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:11 pm

He hasn't affected anyone's decisions anyways. Because most people here actual research what they are buying.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 pm

I just came to this forum understand why the old restrictive measures of MS and try to understand why some of you defend them ... Many of you told lies and stupid things trying to defend what is obvious, THE OLD RESTRICTIONS SERVED ONLY FOR SOME COMPANIES MAKE MORE MONEY, NOTHING MORE!!

The THQ  like any other company that has disappeared (THQ was not the only disappearing in the history of video games) not because there is a second hand market, but because they did bad investrimentos or bad luck.

I am a XBOX360 fan but today I came to the conclusion that most of you are not dumb or stupid or XBOX fans, but you guys are XBOX FANATICS, trying to make sense of restrictive policies, and you will buy any crappy console that MS sell, without thinking.

I am a true gamer, and in the future if the MS, Sony, Nintendo or another company make a console with the restrictions that MS wanted to implement in the old XBOXONE I will not buy this console...

Captain Kangaroo, If i was a SONY fan i was not to lose time in this site, because the PS4 has no restrictions as the old XBOXONE. I'm a XBOXLIVE GOLD MEMBER, I have more than 60 games XBOX360 (most purchased new) (not counting the XBLA games) I'm a XBOX360 fan i not a fanatic...  and I'm not twelve, I just wanted an XBOX that in future I had freedom to play, buy, exchange games, like I do in my first console NES.

Now you can defend XBOX, because it has a far superior game pad,, and best exclusive...
and I will fully agree with you... not the bullshit that many of you were trying to "sell"...

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Kangaroo Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 am

BATMANMaster wrote:I just came to this forum understand why the old restrictive measures of MS and try to understand why some of you defend them ... Many of you told lies and stupid things trying to defend what is obvious, THE OLD RESTRICTIONS SERVED ONLY FOR SOME COMPANIES MAKE MORE MONEY, NOTHING MORE!!

The THQ  like any other company that has disappeared (THQ was not the only disappearing in the history of video games) not because there is a second hand market, but because they did bad investrimentos or bad luck.

I am a XBOX360 fan but today I came to the conclusion that most of you are not dumb or stupid or XBOX fans, but you guys are XBOX FANATICS, trying to make sense of restrictive policies, and you will buy any crappy console that MS sell, without thinking.

I am a true gamer, and in the future if the MS, Sony, Nintendo or another company make a console with the restrictions that MS wanted to implement in the old XBOXONE I will not buy this console...

Captain Kangaroo, If i was a SONY fan i was not to lose time in this site, because the PS4 has no restrictions as the old XBOXONE. I'm a XBOXLIVE GOLD MEMBER, I have more than 60 games XBOX360 (most purchased new) (not counting the  XBLA games) I'm a XBOX360 fan i not a fanatic...  and I'm not twelve, I just wanted an XBOX that in future I had freedom to play, buy, exchange games, like I do in my first console NES.

Now you can defend XBOX, because it has a far superior game pad,, and best exclusive...
and I will fully agree with you... not the bullshit that many of you were trying to "sell"...

Comments like this prove your nothing more than a little troll, Making out that because we supported the DRM we have become liars and tell stupid things....your words not mine!
As the name states this is a forum for people who liked the idea of XB1 so why did you come here if you were not a fan?   obviously to troll as you were doing on gamespot.

What is your obsession with thinking people are trying to sell you something? No-one on here is a salesman, no-one on here is a shill, again You were making the same accusations on gamespot!

I think you seem like a very angry little boy who has thrown a tantrum because Microsoft were going to do something you didn't like. Well no need to worry anymore little troll Microsoft have listened to your whining and bleating.

Captain Kangaroo

Gamer Points : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Navarres Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:35 am

Comments like this prove your nothing more than a little troll, Making out that because we supported the DRM we have become liars and tell stupid things....your words not mine!
As the name states this is a forum for people who liked the idea of XB1 so why did you come here if you were not a fan?   obviously to troll as you were doing on gamespot.

What is your obsession with thinking people are trying to sell you something? No-one on here is a salesman, no-one on here is a shill, again You were making the same accusations on gamespot!

I think you seem like a very angry little boy who has thrown a tantrum because Microsoft were going to do something you didn't like. Well no need to worry anymore little troll Microsoft have listened to your whining and bleating.

For now 
Opinion: Microsoft and Sony will eventually revert their game ownership policies, what matters is how

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/20/4448708/opinion-microsoft-sony-will-eventually-revert-their-game-ownership-policies

It's a matter of time. How much time is the question.
Navarres
Navarres

Gamertag : Navarres
Gamer Points : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:36 am

BATMANMaster wrote:Yes I think everyone wants cheaper games, but explain to me why this kind of physical format on this console. This console should have only the digital market since it has mandatory internet? Does not make any sense this physical format with this restrictions.

For me the best would be a digital market (for all games) and traditional physical format (without the bullshit restrictions) and no mandatory internet, so it would make sense...

But what scares me is closing the servers, NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE THE SERVERS THAT NEVER CLOSED, and if you  shut servers you stay without console and no games...

They dropped the DRM you hate sooo much....what do you think of it now?
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:42 am

Awesome,Captain Kangeroo :DYou found a way to make him shut the hell up
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:07 am

Hello Captain Kangaroo I have already answered those questions ... "SELL" is in quotation marks if you have no brain to understand I'm not going to be explaining ...

I will leave this forum because I still catch a virus of fanaticism or worse, because some of you do not know how to lose, and start to be poorly educated, like little troll and others... and I m the child??? and yes many of you tell lies and stupid thing...

HeadBuster82 now I will certainly buy the new XBOX.

And i keep say "... you will buy any crappy console which MS sell, without thinking ..." like any fanatic does ...

I know you do not want me here, and I'm leaving for good, but just like to wish everyone good games and play fair ...

(And excuse my english, it is not my native language.)

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:27 am

Well thanks for contributing batman, as you say yourself this is a fan forum, so if your not really on board with the xb1 after the recent changes,  then perhaps this forum is not for you. I hope you stick around though Smile
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Gamer Points : 201

https://xboxoneforums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 am

Actually I'm more of a Nintendo/PC fan personally. But Xbox one Interests me with its cloud computing therefore I'm buying it.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 am

I like Nintendo and they are awesome machines both Wii and Wii U...and I'm saying this as a Xbox fan....but I am not buying one until they change the names ''I am playing with my Wii' O_o,just sounds beyond nasty Wink
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:45 am

Hahaha yeah I refuse to buy the wii u because it just sounds weird 3ds has all the titles I want anyways.and the advantage of a 3ds is I can play it while I'm away on holidays and during a power outage :p
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2