Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Xbox One Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XB1 games to be cheaper?

+7
BATMANMaster
Nano
Fatchance
HeadBuster82
killerjosh32
redbox
Rhys
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

XB1 games to be cheaper? Empty XB1 games to be cheaper?

Post by Rhys Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 am

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

That'd according to an unnamed Xbox engineer. If they can coy stream and get DRM under control, it could lead to much cheaper games. 

Happy days - you don't hear the ps4 mob talk about this too much!
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Gamer Points : 201

https://xboxoneforums.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

XB1 games to be cheaper? Empty Re: XB1 games to be cheaper?

Post by redbox Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:09 am

Now that is one way to win the fans back - cheaper games.

I noticed an interesting article where PS4 wouldn't comment on the price of their games...I reckon they are going to be a little more expensive!
redbox
redbox
Newcomer

Gamer Points : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:45 am

Only happy days if its legit. But regardless I will be expecting to see cheaper games on the digital marketplace.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32
XB Regular: Lv 2

Gamertag : killerjosh32
Gamer Points : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:09 am

Digital market seems less exspensive then buying discs...and since X1 will have digital download on day 1,I think we can expect to pay less then a physical copy....

Game prices and more publishers will be where we turn the hate tide...
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Gamertag : HeadBuster82
Gamer Points : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:18 am

Day one ill be buying 1 game in store getting home and buying another online to see how it works. If its less ill be happy, but I'm still hoping they either compress download size or use cloud to play or something like that.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatchance Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:39 am

Hope that true. That sure could help in decision making.

Fatchance
Newcomer

Gamer Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:09 am

You on the fence still fatchance?
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 am

Fatchance,here is something to drop you off the fence:

Sony’s Jack Tretton said: "The DRM decision is going to have to be in the hands of the third parties, yeah, that’s not something we’re going to dictate or control or mandate or implement."

What they are saying is,we are letting developers walk over our users because we didn't negotiate for their rights. DRM is bullshit,but it limits developers from abusing us as it limits us to abuse them. Sony's policy is :If its a Sony game,no DRM...if its a EA game,go get those pesants' btw Microsoft Studios games won't have DRM of any sort
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Games will be the same price on X1...but they are supporting devs and publishers,so publishers are willing to keep the prices level.....not sure if they'll do the same with Sony,since Sony games can be resold 500 times without devs and publisher seeing a single cent from sale....and lets remember,guys....you own the BluRay disc and can use it as will...you never owned the IP on the disc....so DRM makes sense...they don't want you to sell their property....that would be called piracy...so,Sony is encouraging piracy with their DRM rules
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatchance Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 am

Not on the fence on the system, Going to get both. I'm a system collector. But more of buying from XB1 store or store copy.

Fatchance
Newcomer

Gamer Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nano Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 am

xbox one released a statement saying first party games will retail at 60 bucks 
lets hope they can get that lowered
Nano
Nano
XB Regular: Lv 1

Gamer Points : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:14 am

Same as Xbox 360 games but if they do cheaper games it won't be until the community on Xbox one is large enough.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by Nano Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:48 am

they can always have sales like steam does
Nano
Nano

Gamer Points : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:56 pm

HeadBuster82 wrote:Games will be the same price on X1...but they are supporting devs and publishers,so publishers are willing to keep the prices level.....not sure if they'll do the same with Sony,since Sony games can be resold 500 times without devs and publisher seeing a single cent from sale....and lets remember,guys....you own the BluRay disc and can use it as will...you never owned the IP on the disc....so DRM makes sense...they don't want you to sell their property....that would be called piracy...so,Sony is encouraging piracy with their DRM rules

"....so DRM makes sense..." THE MICROSOFT PAID YOU WELL

Some day to sell my car or computer or television I have to give money to the manufacturer ...
Ridiculous MS wants to sell a bluray ond i only use once (dowload the info) and then has no commercial value, and this is good for me !!!
I will pay 60$ for rent a game and make sense????

Do not come with the story that the video game industry is in financial trouble ... The ubisoft had one of the best fiscal years (I think the best ever), The same for Activision, etc ... Halo 4 rent $ 200 Million in one day ...

OPEN YOUR EYES... The companies that want this DRM policy is just want more and more money... And you still defend this!!

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Gamer Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:03 am

killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 am

killerjosh32 wrote:Batman just read this please. http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

yes i read but I still to be hampered without an open market where I can sell, trade and borrow games freely without restrictions.

The fiscal years these companies have had abysmal profits (if they have one year of prejudice is because they are invest in production and in the following year have much profit)...

COD BO2 - sold more than 20 million
Halo4 - more than 8 million
Bioshock infinity - more than 3 (or 4) million
ASSASSIN CREED 3 - more than 12 million

The Wii console has sold 100 million consoles

If any company is getting into financial trouble is because they had bad investments in any industry there are companies that disappear and others that are born, not because there is a free market of second-hand games that the industry will disappear, there is a market for second hand books , cars, movies, TV ...

If MS will not receive money on used games, why this policy of used games?? To screw the consumer and give more money to EA's best friends!!

You eat what these guys say and do not think ...

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:50 am

I can't discuss this further with you without it turning into an argument, you clearly refuse to research. However I wish you the best of luck with your ps4 Smile Hopefuly its everything you're looking for in a console.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 am

I'll stick with my XBOX360 (My favorite console) for another year or two, then maybe decide to buy a gaming console, but I will not buy this XBOXONE with these restrictions that you incredibly defend them...
Perhaps the next generation i change for a good PC and i just buy a PS4 if it has good exclusive, because for the rest this console is OK, with no absurd restrictions, like the actual generation...

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 am

If you don't like DRM don't buy a pc the cheaper games on PC are through steam which has a DRM. Unless your happy to pay $90 a game.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesDba Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am

hahah I just love how this topic went. All you guys agree the price should be less with the DRM. Another big mistake by greedy MS!!!

JamesDba

Back to top Go down

Post by killerjosh32 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 am

Obviously we do want xbox games to be cheaper? Just like ps4 fans want ps4 games to be cheaper? It's why I love steam, I get my pc games at an amazing price during a sale and they email me if a game I want is on sale.
killerjosh32
killerjosh32

Back to top Go down

Post by BATMANMaster Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:15 am

Yes I think everyone wants cheaper games, but explain to me why this kind of physical format on this console. This console should have only the digital market since it has mandatory internet? Does not make any sense this physical format with this restrictions.

For me the best would be a digital market (for all games) and traditional physical format (without the bullshit restrictions) and no mandatory internet, so it would make sense...

But what scares me is closing the servers, NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE THE SERVERS THAT NEVER CLOSED, and if you  shut servers you stay without console and no games...

BATMANMaster
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 am

BATMANMaster wrote:
HeadBuster82 wrote:Games will be the same price on X1...but they are supporting devs and publishers,so publishers are willing to keep the prices level.....not sure if they'll do the same with Sony,since Sony games can be resold 500 times without devs and publisher seeing a single cent from sale....and lets remember,guys....you own the BluRay disc and can use it as will...you never owned the IP on the disc....so DRM makes sense...they don't want you to sell their property....that would be called piracy...so,Sony is encouraging piracy with their DRM rules

"....so DRM makes sense..." THE MICROSOFT PAID YOU WELL

Some day to sell my car or computer or television I have to give money to the manufacturer ...
Ridiculous MS wants to sell a bluray ond i only use once (dowload the info) and then has no commercial value, and this is good for me !!!
I will pay 60$ for rent a game and make sense????

Do not come with the story that the video game industry is in financial trouble ... The ubisoft had one of the best fiscal years (I think the best ever), The same for Activision, etc ... Halo 4 rent $ 200 Million in one day ...

OPEN YOUR EYES... The companies that want this DRM policy is just want more and more money... And you still defend this!!

I'll defend what I want,nazi...not what your Sony bandwagon friends want me to defend....not everyone has drank the Sony kool-aid like you....you are just shortsighted and too stupid too see its the way its going.....I don't think MS did this willingly either,EA has already been accused for forcing it on Xbox....if you are just going too attack us...feel free to fuck off this forum...I also suggest you read the e-mail I wrote to Phil Spencer before accusing anyone of anything....
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 am

Yes - perhaps you are right James. I was kinda hoping for cheaper games to be fair.
Rhys
Rhys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadBuster82 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 am

BATMANMaster wrote:Yes I think everyone wants cheaper games, but explain to me why this kind of physical format on this console. This console should have only the digital market since it has mandatory internet? Does not make any sense this physical format with this restrictions.

For me the best would be a digital market (for all games) and traditional physical format (without the bullshit restrictions) and no mandatory internet, so it would make sense...

But what scares me is closing the servers, NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE THE SERVERS THAT NEVER CLOSED, and if you  shut servers you stay without console and no games...

Dude,do you know how much games cost to develop? And publish? And next-gen games will be even more exspensive...and before you start ranting about Saint Sony so much,do remember the fucking bullshit restrictions they put on every other form of entertaiment from music to movies....they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.....besides,developers and publishers seem to agree with Microsoft....even Insomniac jumped ship to work with Microsoft...if it doesn't bother me,accept it....and if it bothers you,no shits were given by me at all
HeadBuster82
HeadBuster82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum