Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Xbox One Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long before we need externals?

2 posters

Go down

How long before we need externals? Empty How long before we need externals?

Post by Captain Kangaroo Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 am

With game installs ranging from between 20-40Gb's how long before we start to need external drives and are Microsoft going to make us buy official?
My 360 game collection was at one point over 120 strong, if ever i fancied a quick couple of laps on one of the racers, pop the disk in and away you go.
With having to install games and it taking so long, I can't see old games getting a dusting off unless we have an external drive to dump them to rather than having to uninstall them completely.
It's not that I'm likely to have a large collection anytime soon but it is something that I've thought about.
There was an article on the tech game site where some modders had put in a couple of SSD's to give more storage and get games to boot faster (by about 5 secs) but it was complicated and hardly worth voiding your warranty for.
Just thinking ahead!

Captain Kangaroo
XB Regular: Lv 1

Gamer Points : 57

Back to top Go down

How long before we need externals? Empty Re: How long before we need externals?

Post by Skunk Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 am

i hope they don't make us have 'official' HD's be way to expensive here,i can get a 2TB hard drive for around $100AU.i don't see a microsoft branded one being that cheap.it would be nice if we could see how much space was left on the HD and a download history would be good too.i really hope they don't take long to make up their mind about the external HD.(i will be close to needing an external by about June).
Skunk
Skunk

Gamertag : xX skunk 73 Xx
Gamer Points : 38

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum