Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xbox One Fan Forums
Hello - Welcome to the #1 Xbox One forum!

Xbox One Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has there system and what do you think

4 posters

Go down

Who has there system and what do you think  Empty Who has there system and what do you think

Post by Tgh2008 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 pm

All I can say is wow I was the first person in line for mine picked it up came straight back home. The update didn't take that long really so was soon all set up played a bit of ghosts and went to bed been up since 7 this morning played deadrising 3 this morning which is awesome. Have just took delivery of ac 4 but have to have a break for now the other half wants to watch the cricket for a bit. The only downside so far is that games take a while to install other then that I'm loving it. I love you 
Tgh2008
Tgh2008
XB Regular: Lv 1

Gamertag : tgh2008
Gamer Points : 50

Back to top Go down

Who has there system and what do you think  Empty Re: Who has there system and what do you think

Post by Captain Kangaroo Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:40 am

I should have done the prep work sooner, spent most of the day sorting cables and moving things and have only just got it in and on.
Just about to install A C 4, liking the voice commands and it looks the nuts on the dash, the QR codes are great too, no more typing in codes for an eternity. I've put the sky box through it and snapping tv to the side is probably a novelty that will wear off, but smart none the less.
Games take an absolute age to install and i'm not sure this can be considered a step forward. Can't we play from disk anymore? Playstations have been using blu-rays for games for years and you could. However with AC4 you can start to play from 12% installed so at least you don't have to wait untill the full 100%. So far Yeah, I'm pleased.
T

Captain Kangaroo

Gamer Points : 57

Back to top Go down

Who has there system and what do you think  Empty Re: Who has there system and what do you think

Post by Tgh2008 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:13 am

Ac wasn't to bad to install tbh but ghosts is painful it took an age. I liked scanning the codes I put the day one achievement in straight away lol.
Tgh2008
Tgh2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Skunk Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:13 am

the day one achievement was the first thing that i put in too Very Happy loving FORZA 5.apart from the amount of time it takes to install a game i am loving it,the kinect works well too.
Skunk
Skunk

Gamertag : xX skunk 73 Xx
Gamer Points : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Navarres Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:17 am

I can't say enough good things about the Xbox One.
It must be popular among the forum user's as this forum is completely dead.
The only negative is the installation time of the games.
Navarres
Navarres

Gamertag : Navarres
Gamer Points : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Kangaroo Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 pm

during the run up to launch it was only myself and TGH that were posting. It's a shame that this forum hasn't been more popular seeing as we all have the Xbox one in common, but what can you do. Have to agree with you though with regard to being impressed by the console.
It does feel like a jump forward which i'm not so sure would be the case with the PS4 as it doesn't bring anything new to the party other than shiny graphics. We got all that but with voice control, skype, tv etc etc etc.
A few of my friends who were dismissive of me buying a xbox one have come up and said "how is it then?" I think expecting me to say it's a let down, but when i start bigging it up massively they don't want to hear and can't get away fast enough LOL. Certainly no regrets here.

Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tgh2008 Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 am

After just over a week with mine I have no regrets I'm going to turn mine on for an afternoon of gaming its a double xp weekend on ghosts so may have to go and be crap at multiplayer. Now the only thing I don't like is the headset I find it a tad uncomfy but that just may be cos I've been using turtle beaches on my 360. I hope the rumored adaptors come out for them then I won't have to save up for a new set.
Tgh2008
Tgh2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Skunk Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:10 am

my only problem is that in Australia a lot of the features have been disabled eg. one guide and not all voice commands work here + we have fuck all apps available. would have been nice to get a fully functioning console instead of one that is only 75% complete. i still like the console though,graphics are awesome.
Skunk
Skunk

Gamertag : xX skunk 73 Xx
Gamer Points : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Navarres Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Skunk wrote:my only problem is that in Australia a lot of the features have been disabled eg. one guide and not all voice commands work here + we have fuck all apps available. would have been nice to get a fully functioning console instead of one that is only 75% complete. i still like the console though,graphics are awesome.

Yeah here in Canada the one guide is still not available unless you have Bell as a satellite provider. Hopefully the rest of the Cable and satellite providers will be available shortly.
Navarres
Navarres

Gamertag : Navarres
Gamer Points : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Kangaroo Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 am

It's no different here in the U.K. We only have one choice for paid sat TV and the guide doesn't work for that.
I'm not sure if works for cable T.V, I doubt it though.
I'm not that fussed as i only switch to TV if i plan to leave my game hanging for a while before i go back to it.
I figured that .......just say my xbox has (for whatever reason, crappy components say) got a predetermined lifespan of X amount of hours, do i want to waste them watching TV through it when there is no real advantage. I can understand why you would do it with all the sports stuff the yanks get, for example the stats and fantasy leagues but we don't have all that malarky here and I'm not into sports, so i'm not going to watch the discovery channel and top gear through it and waste its precious life away.

Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum